CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

listen...

One of the most asked questions in nursing is… “why nursing?”

Whenever I was asked, I only had one answer… I took nursing for my family.

Indeed it is a cliché, but let me point out why I got into it for them.

I am aware of the different health negligence that has always been flaunted in the media. I want to be a part of the health team so as to protect my family from those issues.

Nurses won’t be nurses without patients.

I am a family oriented person. I’d rather stay at home with my family than have smoke- or drinking buddies. That’s why I have chosen a career where I could apply the values I have learned at home. I take pleasure in nursing because I could relate well with people, with clients-patients. Though until my last rotation, I still felt jittery during endorsement.

Another reason for taking up nursing is of course, for realistic reasons. I chose a high-paid job so that my mom would already stop working and so that I could also help my sisters and my brother.

And of course the most important raison d'être is… to render the finest care to them. What’s the use of going through all the pain for 4 years if I won’t be able to apply the right ASK to them..? What’s the use of risking my own health in taking care of different kinds of patients, from contagious patients to psychiatric patients, if I won’t make them my priority…? And what’s the use of sleeping on the floor, getting stranded for almost a week somewhere outside the city and eating nothing but half cup of rice and a small piece of meat if I won’t value my family…?

After all these, still, some of them still take what I say for granted…

its just plainly not up to scratch.

0 comments: